Dear Church Family and visitors, warm Christian greetings to you all.
We are living in an unprecedented time. However, we should not face it as though we have been taken by surprise. The Word of God foretold the suffering this world would go through in the last days.
We also find in the Bible several promises that God will strengthen all who seek and put their trust in Him.
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in YouIsaiah 26:3
Let’s lay hold of these promises so we can develop trust in the only true and living God.
As we prepare to reopen for Sabbath services at 11:00 AM starting on July 11 of 2020, we need to make you aware of the following very important notices that must be strictly followed for your safety and that of others attending worship in the church building.
- Service will start at 11am and will be live-streamed on our YouTube Channel.
- Please ensure to bring your own masks/face covering. We recommend the wearing of these in the building especially where you are unable to maintain a 2-metre distance. We will not be supplying masks.
- Do not leave your face mask around – please ensure you take it away with you. According to recommendations, children under 13 years do not need to wear masks.
- When you arrive at the church, you will find the gates open. Please avoid handling.
- The centre door will remain closed and the two outer doors will be used for one-way flow of traffic in and out the building. Signs will be put up. Please observe these and avoid handling doors. They will remain open. Remember to keep 2 metre physical distancing for the safety of all.
- Once you enter, there will be a station for you to gel your hands. Again, please observe this. A Deacon/ness will be on duty at this station.
- When you enter the sanctuary and take your seat, please do not sit in any other chair than the one you have chosen or are allocated unless you are grouped as a family – and please ensure not to move or remove chairs from where they are placed.
- Signs will be mounted strategically around the church building as reminders as to how to be safe in a worship environment. Please take note of these, particularly the ones in about hand hygiene.
- Remember to maintain physical distancing. Please do not hug, kiss or shake hands with those who are not close family members.
- Tithes and Offerings will not be taken during the service – please continue to use the recommended direct transfer details given in the previous communication.
- Our Services will be live-streamed every Sabbath, so those not attending for any given Sabbath can be part of our worship experience.
- Total service time will be approximately 90 minutes. Once the service is over, please wait to be directed out. To avoid congregating in the foyer, everyone will be ushered outside the church building. Once again, please observe the 2-metre physical distancing.
We understand that all of this is very new and strange and will impact the quality of our service and fellowship. We do pray that at some stage in the future, our worship services can resume a normal function and our fellowship, which is so integral to worship, will once again be fully restored.
Thank you all for your patience as we work through these changes in hope of a better day.
Pr. Lorance Johnson, On Behalf of Cork Church Board